Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Training camp has arrived
Kevin Seifert
@SeifertESPN
Sam Darnold just hit Justin Jefferson in stride on a post for a 50ish yard TD in team drills. Jefferson was PUMPED. It as the kind of throw you don’t see every QB make.

Matthew Coller
@MatthewColler
After Sam Darnold hit Justin Jefferson on a freakish deep ball today, I asked Jefferson about Darnold's arm strength.

"He definitely has a strong arm, just seeing the deep throws that he threw today with touch and good spiral, I definitely like that...once you see something in practice and someone shows you something in practice then you expect it. Him throwing these deep balls and precise passes, we're going to expect that going forward."
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Blackmon gone for the year. Torn ACL…That hurts.

(07-24-2024, 07:31 PM)Norse Wrote: Blackmon gone for the year. Torn ACL…That hurts.

Seriously???

JC - that room was mighty thin to begin with.

(07-24-2024, 07:31 PM)Norse Wrote: Blackmon gone for the year. Torn ACL…That hurts.

Damn...yeah especially on the heels of Kyree Jackson. We just can't have nice things. It's the Viking way
[-] The following 2 users Like supafreak84's post:

And after Jackson's death, this is the position where we could least afford to lose a player. We'll replace him, like we did Jackson, but this hurts big. Have to hope Akayleb Evans is over his late season yips.

(07-25-2024, 07:16 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: And after Jackson's death, this is the position where we could least afford to lose a player. We'll replace him, like we did Jackson, but this hurts big. Have to hope Akayleb Evans is over his late season yips.

I hope Evans isn't their only answer. He needs to ride the pine.

(07-25-2024, 09:52 AM)Hehogjowlsjohnny Wrote: I hope Evans isn't their only answer. He needs to ride the pine.

He's not and they know this. They'll sign someone.
[-] The following 3 users Like StickierBuns's post:

The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
Looks like rookie QB J.J McCarthy is moving up the depth chart ?

Per@DaneMizutani “J.J. McCarthy is consistently the next QB getting work” behind Darnold. It’s only day 2 of #Vikings training camp.

I don't think this means anything in terms of the depth chart. I think it means JJ McCarthy is the future of the franchise and they're going to get him as much meaningful work as possible. Mullens will still very likely be the QB1 week one. But I love reading the following....

According to@WillRagatz
JJ McCarthy went 8-9 and a touchdown to Jalen Nailor during team drills. McCarthy had an impressive day and has been showcasing his arm strength and quick decision making.

(07-26-2024, 07:26 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
Looks like rookie QB J.J McCarthy is moving up the depth chart ?

Per@DaneMizutani “J.J. McCarthy is consistently the next QB getting work” behind Darnold. It’s only day 2 of #Vikings training camp.

I don't think this means anything in terms of the depth chart. I think it means JJ McCarthy is the future of the franchise and they're going to get him as much meaningful work as possible. Mullens will still very likely be the QB1 week one. But I love reading the following....

According to@WillRagatz
JJ McCarthy went 8-9 and a touchdown to Jalen Nailor during team drills. McCarthy had an impressive day and has been showcasing his arm strength and quick decision making.

Don't mean to be negative, but that long 'TD pass' to Nailor by JJM was not a great throw. Nailor had to pull it away from the defender as it was underthrown. I was excited as well when I read this yesterday and then I saw the actual video of it and was like meh.