Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JJM v Maye
Try the Quick Reply! (It’s directly under the “New Reply” button)

(04-07-2024, 03:59 PM)comet52 Wrote: [quote pid="226664" dateline="1712521483"]
We need a like button again. 
 PLEASE people,  be patient.

I see how quoting with the quote button doesn't work, but replying adds the entire thread to the reply ... yikes.  

Well I'm sure you'll work it out in time.  Wink

Wonder if this forum software has a quick-quote feature like ProBoards?  That's nice because you can just grab snippets of text, even from different posts by different users, and turn it into a single, abbreviated reply.
[/quote]

So the quoting does work, but after you hit the quote sbutton then you click to add them into the post. It is a bit winky but it does work
Is this thing on?

Yes quick reply does work.
Is this thing on?

And sorry for hijacking this theead, but I think I need to change the quote limit to only quote 1 reply deep. I know I hate when forums have multiple levels deep in quotes.
Is this thing on?

(04-07-2024, 07:40 PM)Mike Olson Wrote: And sorry for hijacking this theead, but I think I need to change the quote limit to only quote 1 reply deep. I know I hate when forums have multiple levels deep in quotes.

testing. Again sorry, but I changed the max quotes to one.
Is this thing on?

So the statistical breakdown of JJM and Maye vs the Gophers comes out to:

Maye: 72.5% comp. 10.35 ypa 2 TD 2 INT
JJM: 70% comp 10.95 ypa 3 total TD (2 rush) 0 INT

You may now all start arguing over offensive scheme and supporting cast

This guy gives his argument for JJM over Maye.

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/why-m...-mccarthy/

"Schematic fit matters, especially at quarterback. For as physically gifted as Jayden Daniels is, his issues – throwing over the middle and bailing on plays when pressed – mesh terribly with the type of offense O’Connell likes running. As for Drake Maye, while he’s more talented than McCarthy, he also freelances more and poor decision-making is a bane of O’Connell’s existence as a coach. That’s why McCarthy stands out."

God, still almost 3 weeks to go lol.

I’d take Bo Nix over either of them. Then JJM and finally Maye.

Unlike the rest of the QB's, where Penix and Nix end-up are such big questions marks...

Brees dropped to the top of Round 2 in 2001 because of his 6-foot size and questions about whether his arm strength was tapped out. Now? He's a lock for the Hall of Fame in 2026. Nix, my fifth-ranked quarterback in this class, is a little taller at 6-2, but he has some of the same questions, especially coming from an Oregon offense that saw him throw quick and short. But when I watch Nix throw with precision, I see a lot of Brees' accuracy in him. -- Mel Kiper Jr., NFL draft analyst