Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration....
Quote: @mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
So do you miss Trump's immigration policies yet? 

Its quite comical to see those "cages" now being called "migrant facilities"......with metal enclosures. I don't have the answers but Trump's "remain in mexico" policy seemed to be the best we've had in years.  Process what you can legally and keep the rest home.  Seems quite reasonable to me vs removing all the kids and sending the adults packing like what is happening now.
This would make sense if you bothered to present the full picture. It's been stated by many that the two bore no semblance but again what do I know? I'll let you guys carry on with the sensationalism. Go ahead  don't let the facts stop you.

Quote:Government officials say the camp is needed because facilities for migrant children have had to cut capacity by nearly half because of the coronavirus pandemic. At the same time, the number of unaccompanied children crossing the border has been inching up, with January reporting the highest total — more than 5,700 apprehensions — for that month in recent years...

Source: WP

Remind me what major USA political event happened in January again? 

Take a look at Biden's "Not cages".  All the green areas for people to run.  No 10' chain link fences.  People aren't crammed in small enclosed spaces.  Total nothing burger here. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56491941[Image: _117670455_hi066256636.jpg]

For the nth time no one advocated for open borders (unless those parading the false Trump acusation). Everyone agrees we need  tighter border controls. Trump just went about it stupidly. That's the disagreement.
I dont have the energy to rehash this so feel free to selectively remember if it suits your narrative.

There is no selective memory.  Trump's policy of "remain in Mexico" was a good one. Biden opened the flood gates.  Now the boarder is flooded and everyone is looking around with a pikachu face wondering what changed. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

Its quite comical to see those "cages" now being called "migrant facilities"......with metal enclosures. I don't have the answers but Trump's "remain in mexico" policy seemed to be the best we've had in years.  Process what you can legally and keep the rest home.  Seems quite reasonable to me vs removing all the kids and sending the adults packing like what is happening now.
This would make sense if you bothered to present the full picture. It's been stated by many that the two bore no semblance but again what do I know? I'll let you guys carry on with the sensationalism. Go ahead  don't let the facts stop you.

Quote:Government officials say the camp is needed because facilities for migrant children have had to cut capacity by nearly half because of the coronavirus pandemic. At the same time, the number of unaccompanied children crossing the border has been inching up, with January reporting the highest total — more than 5,700 apprehensions — for that month in recent years...

Take a look at Biden's "Not cages".  All the green areas for people to run.  No 10' chain link fences.  People aren't crammed in small enclosed spaces.  Total nothing burger here. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56491941

For the nth time no one advocated for open borders (unless those parading the false Trump acusation). Everyone agrees we need  tighter border controls. Trump just went about it stupidly. That's the disagreement.
I dont have the energy to rehash this so feel free to selectively remember if it suits your narrative.

There is no selective memory.  Trump's policy of "remain in Mexico" was a good one. Biden opened the flood gates.  Now the boarder is flooded and everyone is looking around with a pikachu face wondering what changed. 

It is hilarious that someone can look at the results and say that Trump went about it stupidly but Biden is handling it great.

Quote: @greediron said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

Textbooks and notebooks line tables inside a classroom at the facility. (Sergio Flores for The Washington Post)
So the pictures matter?  You know the cages that the media blamed on Trump were built in the Obama era.  The buildings being used now were setup in the Trump era.

So thank you for confirming who cared about the kids.
Biden upgraded the facility and set up the classroom. That is why people say context matters but you are too caught up in a stupid arguement to comprehend the bigger picture. If I must spell it out for you, the picture of the classroom I posted is from the Biden era. So yes Biden cares about the kids while the Trump administration spent time separating them from their parents. I don't know how that confirms anything but I'll leave you to continue entangling yourself in your confusion.

Quote: @greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

It is hilarious that someone can look at the results and say that Trump went about it stupidly but Biden is handling it great.
Comparing 1.5 months against 4 years. So much for a result. I know you and your kind have nothing to hang your heads on so go ahead and celebrate this as a win.
Biden is not only dealing with the immigration issue which Trump exacerbated. He is dealing with that plus a pandemic Trump ignored and he is still handling it better than Trump ever did in four years but go ahead compare.
By the way I never said Biden is handling it great. I said Trump handled it stupidly. I have to spell that out so it is not just hilarious for you but also clear enough for you to comprehend since you did not get it the first time.

@greediron said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

Textbooks and notebooks line tables inside a classroom at the facility. (Sergio Flores for The Washington Post)
So the pictures matter?  You know the cages that the media blamed on Trump were built in the Obama era.  The buildings being used now were setup in the Trump era.

So thank you for confirming who cared about the kids.
Biden upgraded the facility and set up the classroom. That is why people say context matters but you are too caught up in a stupid arguement to comprehend the bigger picture. If I must spell it out for you, the picture of the classroom I posted is from the Biden era. So yes Biden cares about the kids. I don't know how that confirms anything but I'll leave you to continue entangling yourself in your confusion.
So the law limits children from being held longer then 72 hours. Exactly how long are you guys planning on holding them that a school is required?

@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56491941[Image: _117670455_hi066256636.jpg]

I stopped reading at "Biden opened the flood gates".
As I have stated before if you expect me to comment on anything then state facts or fair opinions not some sensational  right wing gibberish. It's tiring.
Since you already know my stance it goes without saying then that there is no need for me to respond to the rubbish you posted then. Fair?

@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

As I have stated before if you expect me to comment on anything then state facts or fair opinions not some sensational  right wing gibberish. It's tiring.
Since you already know my stance it goes without saying then that there is no need for me to respond to the rubbish you posted then. Fair?
www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/03/22/key-facts-about-u-s-immigration-policies-and-bidens-proposed-changes/%3famp=1

If you can read this and not come away with “flood gate” god bless you. 

@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/03/22/key-facts-about-u-s-immigration-policies-and-bidens-proposed-changes/%3famp=1

If you can read this and not come away with “flood gate” god bless you. 
See? Just like that a link showed up. I did not have to spell it out for you to provide the link or be constructive. Good job.
Lastly Biden's immigration reform is largely geared to those already in the US. I agree also that it will allow more people to enter the US. I don't see how that is opening the flood gates. But we can argue semantics later.

See these leaked pictures from the border...  Biden has some explaining to do...

@greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:
@mblack said:
@AGRforever said:

Comparing 1.5 months against 4 years. So much for a result. I know you and your kind have nothing to hang your heads on so go ahead and celebrate this as a win.
Biden is not only dealing with the immigration issue which Trump exacerbated. He is dealing with that plus a pandemic Trump ignored and he is still handling it better than Trump ever did in four years but go ahead compare.
By the way I never said Biden is handling it great. I said Trump handled it stupidly. I have to spell that out so it is not just hilarious for you but also clear enough for you to comprehend since you did not get it the first time.

no sense talking with you.  Yes in 2 months (1.5 to some?) It has gone from not a crisis to full crisis.  Trump got Mexico to stop the caravans.  The remain in Mexico policy was a success.   As soon as Biden was the projected winner, the caravans started.  Even Mexico is complaining about Biden's changes.  

Bottom line, Trump policy got the issue under control.  No thanks to AOC's theatrics, the medias lies or the handwringing by congress.  Biden has undone that in less than a month.