Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You gotta watch this Axios interview...
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Skodin said:
Laughable, sad, and the epitome of 2020

”what books?”  “What manuals?” “lower than the world?”  Yes, the US has less cases than planet earth, we should quarantine planet earth.

I think this points out how information is fed to the POTUS and how he’s going along for the ride, more puppet than puppet master.
See, I don't see that at all.  I think he's fed all kinds of information and it goes in one ear and out the other.  Thats when he says all this stupid shit he says.  If he had handlers like Bush 2.0 had and like Biden will have then he's kept at arms length away from disastrous stuff and all the important decisions are made behind closed doors by unelected officials. 

If all Trump had done was kept his piehole shut and done even a half ass job with covid he'd easily have 4 more years in the bag.  But with everything going on Biden doesn't even need to talk to be relevant.  People are just going to vote for the "anyone but" choice.  What truly amazing, or maybe very sad is Biden is as good as team blue could come up with and all he's going to be is a puppet on the strings. 
All presidents are puppets, managed very carefully by their handlers and advisors. You want them to be. You need them to be. The difference with them and Trump is that they can interpret data, remain calm, express themselves, formulate a middle-school-level argument, a complete thought. Trump rages on like a petulant 4th grader. I'm surprised he didn't stand up and stomp his feet. 

Saw a poll today that said 63% of Americans are embarrassed by the president. For an American, the embarrassing thing should be that 37% of the country, nearly 4 in 10, aren't yet mortified by this incompetent boob. As very conservative republican Bill Kristol said, Trump is a terrible, terrible president. He's an even worse human being. And, ya know what? There's probably going to be nearly 60 million people who vote for him anyway. And that, my friend, is just fucked up.

And this deserves a standing ovation. 

New York (CNN Business)It was enraging to watch Axios reporter Jonathan Swan's interview with President Trump — and not only because the President displayed naiveté when repeatedly confronted with the facts.
It was also enraging because for years well-compensated professional television news anchors have failed to execute interviews half as effective as Swan's.Bill Hemmer. Bret Baier. David Muir. Chuck Todd.

Each of those anchors have had their opportunities to sit down with the President. But none of them produced an interview as revealing as the one that aired Monday on "Axios on HBO."
In March, Hemmer allowed Trump to cite a conspiratorial news outlet to attack New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's handling of the pandemic with no pushback. In May, Baier allowed Trump to declare the federal government's response to the pandemic has been a great success story with no pushback. Later that month, Muir let Trump claim that people should "have no problem" with access to testing — again with no pushback. And Todd was criticized in 2019 for not effectively fact-checking Trump as he peddled misinformation.

Instead, it took Swan — a print journalist — to meaningfully question the President and not let misinformation and nonsensical statements slide into the interview unchecked. The results were astonishing to watch.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
Case in point, cult like splaining.
He makes no efforts to defend trump at all and even dresses him down and you think its cult like because he takes a shot at sleepy joe?  Careful or you will spill your own kool-aid. The notion that you have to support one or the other is a poor one,  its once again the lesser of two evils and the dems campaign strategy is to keep bidens mouth shut so that he can't screw up that lesser part he has going for him currently. Helluva campaign strategy,  only thing sadder is that trumps constant  dumb ass comments is going to make it pay off.

False equivocation, presented as comparing when the topic was about a specific interview.  

Omg. That was absolutely pitiful and painful. When he tried to explain (bullshit his way) through the data regarding Coronavirus, it made me sick. He definitely reinforced his weaknesses there. Of course he did that through the whole interview. His insecurity is very strong as he tried to present his false bravado. There was so many cringeworthy moments in that, a lot of denial and delusion as well. When he said he didn't address the bounty on American troops, I wasn't surprised. When he mentioned Mayor Wheeler, you could sense his envy. I am glad he stayed away from the service for Representative Lewis. His actions and words about him were more than enough to show more envy and pettiness. Kudos to Jonathan Swan for sitting through that.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
“He’s going to hurt God, hurt the Bible, double and triple your taxes ...”

Everyday the bar sinks a little lower for him, which at this point is pretty impressive.

Scum and stupid.  Glad he will be using every platform (including our taxes) to campaign.  That feels unprecedented and disgusting.  

I do not believe the old school GOP / Conservatives like this guy, it’s not possible.  People of good moral character must have qualms supporting this guy.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:

Everyday the bar sinks a little lower for him, which at this point is pretty impressive.
What's bewildering to me is that some people will buy it. And he knows that because it worked before. It reminds me of before the election when he'd repeatedly say than me. Now, any marginally perceptive person hears that and just laughs. "Get a load of this freakin' guy!" If I were interviewing someone who said that I would laugh him out of my office. If a candidate for the Vikings head coach came in and said things like that, everyone on this board, Trump cultist or not, would say that we should stay as far away from that moron as possible. He clearly has problems with the truth. 

Instead, they VOTED for him! To be President of the United States of America! I still can't get my head around that. 

Perhaps as said on another board, they hate America.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@SFVikeFan said:

What's bewildering to me is that some people will buy it. And he knows that because it worked before. It reminds me of before the election when he'd repeatedly say "nobody knows more about_________" than me. Now, any marginally perceptive person hears that and just laughs. "Get a load of this freakin' guy!" If I were interviewing someone who said that I would laugh him out of my office. If a candidate for the Vikings head coach came in and said things like that, everyone on this board, Trump cultist or not, would say that we should stay as far away from that moron as possible. He clearly has problems with the truth. 

Instead, they VOTED for him! To be President of the United States of America! I still can't get my head around that. 
Lol!

I was going to post I don't know whats more egregious, the words spoken by a POTUS or there are those actually believing the words...