Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Bountygate
0. Iran publicly paid Taliban to kill U.S Troops
-1. British newspaper reports they were paid $1,000 for each soldier they killed in Afghanistan.
-2. The "Taliban treasurer" had gone on to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul as a reward for one specific attack.
-3. The treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.

Quote:Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban 
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
(updated 9/5/2010 9:56:51 AM ET)

Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan, according to a report in a British newspaper.

The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months, the treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.

The Sunday Times said its investigation had found that at least five Kabul-based Iranian companies were secretly passing funds to the Taliban.

(continued)NBCNews

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Look there is absolutely no excuse for this. None. If he didn’t know he shoukd have known. 

But there are a couple of things that are bugging me. 
First, after this was reported to be happening and he was briefed Trump has been trying to get Russia back into the G7. 

Second after this was reported to be happening and he was briefed he was trying to get the Taliban to come to Camp David.

Third after this was reported to be happening and he was briefed there was a flurry of calls between hom and putin of which only one was ackowledged to the press.

Fourth unless something came out recently I don’t see any rebuke or calls for sanctions or other punishment to Russia for engaging in war by proxy to target and kill Americans. This is mind boggling that this is allowed. 

Something is rotten here even if it is just complete mismanagement of the situation. The excuse that the president didn’t know doesn’t fly. At all. He should have been informed of a nation that he was having communications with was engaging in this. Why wasn’t he notified even though other reports say it was in his Presidential Daily Briefings? If it was in his PDB’s why was he unaware as the WH is stating? This again is absolutely mind boggling that he would not be aware of the situation.

On some level almost everyone should be able to agree that this stinks. 

If true, of course this is an alarming revelation and should certainly elicit more alarm from all Americans. 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mblack said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
IF Trump doesnt get re-elected the saddest people will be Ivanka/Jarred, Putin and whomever is president of Turkey by then...

Insanely dark times. 
Putin did just fine under the last administration.  I would hardly be casting that stone at trump.
Why not? Just let it go?

My daddy taught me 2 wrongs never make it right and it sure doesnt excuse the s hit show today, or the need for it to end tomorrow...

because the same people that put the last administration in office have their fingers all over the biden campaign,  so why would you vote for biden if your issue is with russia?  and why would you crap on trump over the russian connections if you werent pissed off at the last administration?

honestly that is the hardest part of all this russian connection to trump is the why?  why would russia prefer trump over hillary when the previous administration,  that she was part of,  let them do what ever the fuck they wanted and let them restore their position as a world power?  I keep wondering if the connections to trump are actually russias way of meddling with this election now to defame him and make sure he doesnt get a second term.   
Oh so now there is a Russian connection to Trump regarding the 2016 election? Like I said earlier, you guys seem to agree with stated Trump transgressions only when they make Biden look like Trump. I am sure you can easily find many reasons why Russia preferred Trump to Clinton. Your statement that Russia is behind Biden is simply false and a Trump campaign talking point you are pushing so excuse me for ignoring that. Anyway, this seems a deflection of the issue under discussion
oh look you got me.... for Christ's sake,  of course i meant alleged connections,  you know the ones that have been cooked up and served daily by the losing party since the last election.

you are excused, and by all means,  in the future,  please just ignore me completely.

You mean the 2018 election, yeah your right.
You are so clever...

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
-1. British newspaper reports they were paid $1,000 for each soldier they killed in Afghanistan.
-2. The "Taliban treasurer" had gone on to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul as a reward for one specific attack.

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban 

Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan, according to a report in a British newspaper.

The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months, the treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.

The Sunday Times said its investigation had found that at least five Kabul-based Iranian companies were secretly passing funds to the Taliban.

(continued)NBCNews
Nice try. Classic "What about Obama...".
Anyway, since all you guys have left is trying to use other administrations (the Obama administration) to justify how bad the Trump admin is (even though there is nothing to compare), I'll spell it out for you using the link you posted above how different the two events are. I will not be surprised if this is part of your talking point.
  1. The Obama version (based on your link) does not mention that Obama was aware (or was briefed) and ignored the briefing. Trump was briefed and he did nothing
  2. Obama never lied that he was not briefed Trump did and still lies about it even though the NTY (and other outlets) have stated the specific date. Trump can disprove them by showing the briefing logs for Feb 27. It's that simple.
  3. The Obama intel team never dismissed the info as "not actionable". The Trump administration did (I know this is a talking point to save Trump and it is a lie)
  4. Your story was the result of an investigation by the Sunday Times (you can blame the US intelligence for not knowing and you would be right). The Trump version is appalling because it was our intelligence that briefed him and he ignored it (you could say his admin buried it) and the NYT exposed it. 
We can go on but I am sure you realise how those two things are not comparable (but I don't expect you to stop drawing comparisons). 
Any level headed person will see how this stinks.

Quote: @mblack said:
@BlackMagic7 said:

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban 

(continued)NBCNews
Nice try. Classic "What about Obama...".
Anyway, since all you guys have left is trying to use other administrations (the Obama administration) to justify how bad the Trump admin is (even though there is nothing to compare), I'll spell it out for you using the link you posted above how different the two events are. I will not be surprised if this is part of your talking point.
  1. The Obama version (based on your link) does not mention that Obama was aware (or was briefed) and ignored the briefing. Trump was briefed and he did nothing
  2. Obama never lied that he was not briefed Trump did and still lies about it even though the NTY (and other outlets) have stated the specific date. Trump can disprove them by showing the briefing logs for Feb 27. It's that simple.
  3. The Obama intel team never dismissed the info as "not actionable". The Trump administration did (I know this is a talking point to save Trump and it is a lie)
  4. Your story was the result of an investigation by the Sunday Times (you can blame the US intelligence for not knowing and you would be right). The Trump version is appalling because it was our intelligence that briefed him and he ignored it (you could say his admin buried it) and the NYT exposed it. 
We can go on but I am sure you realise how those two things are not comparable (but I don't expect you to stop drawing comparisons). 
Any level headed person will see how this stinks.

Edit

Russian Bounties for Killing Americans Go Back Five Years, Ex-Taliban Claims
Quote:Russia has been courting the Taliban at least since 2014 with money and weapons, ostensibly to fight ISIS, certainly to undermine the American effort in Afghanistan.
Updated Jul. 01, 2020 3:55PM ET / Published Jul. 01, 2020 3:04PM ET

Mullah Manan Niazi, who was the spokesman for Taliban leader Mullah Omar in those days, brought up the incident when The Daily Beast asked him about reports that the Russians have offered—and perhaps paid—bounties to Taliban who kill American soldiers.

“The Russians paying U.S. dollars—it’s not odd for the Taliban,” he said, his voice fraught with irony over the encrypted phone call as he recalled the Airstan incident. As for the current situation, “The Taliban have been paid by Russian intelligence for attacks on U.S. forces—and on ISIS forces—in Afghanistan from 2014 up to the present.”

In the world of intelligence gathering, such a statement from such a figure would be worth noting, and just the kind of thing that could lead to what the Trump White House has called “inconclusive” reporting the Russian offer of bounties to kill Americans. 

Mullah Manan Niazi was a very senior figure in the Taliban when they were in power, and also when they were driven into exile and underground after 2001. But since the death of Mullah Omar was made public in 2015, he has been a dissident and liable to be killed by the current Taliban leadership if it catches up with him. They have accused him of collaborating with the CIA and the Afghan government’s intelligence service, the National Directorate of Security (NDS), which he denies.

So, Niazi speaks as someone who knows the organization and its top people very well, but who also has an agenda very different from theirs, with his own reasons for confirming the bounty story, and he does not offer further specifics on that. But he does offer details about what he says are the longstanding ties between the Taliban and the Russians as well as the Iranians, and U.S. officials have been tracking those developments.

A U.S. intelligence report about Russian assistance to the Taliban has circulated on Capitol Hill and throughout the national security apparatus over the last several days. According to three individuals who have read or who are familiar with the report, the assessment is long and covers the span of several years, focusing generally on how Russia provides support, including financial assistance, to the Taliban. The report also touches on the Russian bounties first reported by The New York Times, though those who read the report say that data point is circumstantial and that the investigation is ongoing. Two individuals who spoke to The Daily Beast, though, said it is clear from the report that there’s an increased risk for U.S. troops in Afghanistan because of Russia’s behavior.

In important ways, this classified report mirrors an unclassified document produced last month by the Congressional Research Service which offered a crisp summation: “In the past two years, multiple U.S. commanders have warned of increased levels of assistance, and perhaps even material support for the Taliban from Russia and Iran, both of which cite IS [Islamic State, ISIS] presence in Afghanistan to justify their activities. Both nations were opposed to the Taliban government of the late 1990s, but reportedly see the Taliban as a useful point of leverage vis-a-vis the United States.”

“We introduced two Taliban to the Russians under cover as businessmen,” said Niazai looking back on operations when he was still part of the Taliban insurgent leadership. “They went to Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. With Russian-supplied funds, we purchased oil, wheat and flour and imported it to Afghanistan and  then sold it there. That’s how we converted Russians funds to cash in Afghanistan.”

... continued @ Daily Beast

... the wheels fall off for me. I don't get it guys, what is the Trump Russia conspiracy? You all keep pounding the table with the TV "yea! yea!" You scream "I fuckin' told ya" with every other article. Where is it going? What's the end game? Trump is racist against Muslims, against blacks, against everybody - He had Russia hack the election and get his Hitler ass up into POWER - now he's a pussy who is letting Russia pay bounties to the Taliban to kill our Soliders?

Wrap up your conspiracy here guys. What's Trump's evil Russian goal and what is their endgame?

...here's a couple guys who sound like they could be tough on the actual issue... 

https://twitter.com/GenFlynn/status/756710850694639617

As the world turns - In a joint statement, Iran, Russia and Turkey condemn 'Israeli attacks in Syria.'

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/12...1490863105

Trump doesn't want to rock the boat? ... Trump doesn't want to defend Israel? ... Trump is BFFs with Putin and is going to join the Iranian, Russian, Turkish axis of power against Israel for funzies?

So Schiff knew about this in Feb, did not brief the intelligence committee, nor alert Trump, but Trump is the treasonous one?
Hypocrisy will come back to bite hard.