Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The guy finally pulled his head out of his ass....
We don't know if immunity is developed or not. Let's hope so. And if it is developed, we dont know for how long it lasts. As we know, its new s hit for human beings to be dealing with. 

More will die from Covid-19 in the US than Vietnam or WW1 or in Italy (at 12k right now). Maybe not a good sequel for WD, but tragic in a vacuum and doubly so economically.

As Ronnie Reagan used to say, its a recession when it hits your neighbor...

Let's hope its only 100k???  Why not hold ourselves to the 165 that SK has managed and judge Potus, Congress, Senate and governors to high standards. Plenty of blame to go around, but the buck stops with the Chief. Good or bad, right or wrong. 

Here's the other piece of this that will get more volume over time. It's highly likely we will be living with Covid the rest of the year.

Its also being discussed that it could come-back big time when cold weather returns next fall. Let's hope therapeutic and prophylactic are available by then. It sure sounds like vaccine is at least 12-18 mos away. 

IT will be fascinating to see how the history books reflect on what we're living in real-time. I continue to believe Covid-19 will either be the reason Trump gets 4 more years, or is swept out of Washington (and the still existing swamp). 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/social-distancing-culture/609019/

The Social-Distancing Culture War Has Begun
Across the country, social distancing is morphing from a public-health to political act. The consequences could be disastrous.

For Geoff Frost, the first sign of the coronavirus culture war came last weekend on the golf course. His country club, located in an affluent suburb of Atlanta, had recently introduced a slew of new policies to encourage social distancing. The communal water jugs were gone, the restaurant was closed, and golfers had been asked to limit themselves to one person per cart. Frost, a 43-year-old Democrat, told me the club’s mix of younger liberals and older conservatives had always gotten along just fine—but the guidelines were proving divisive.  
At the driving range, while Frost and his like-minded friends slathered on hand sanitizer and kept six feet apart, the white-haired Republicans seemed to delight in breaking the new rules. They made a show of shaking hands, and complained loudly about the “stupid hoax” being propagated by virus alarmists. When their tee times were up, they piled defiantly into golf carts, shoulder to shoulder, and sped off toward the first hole.  
Frost felt conflicted. He wanted to encourage the men, some of whom he’d known for years, to be more careful. “I care about their well-being,” he told me. “But it’s a tough call, just personally, because it’s become a political thing.”
Imagine that....Polarization over social distancing.

Wish I could say I'm surprised. So naive for me to believe early on that a crisis of this proportion would unite a country.

Then again, even Pearl Harbor didn't unite us as much as is written. Big divides between Isolationists vs those that saw a problem not defeating Fascism before they were on our doorstep still existed 12/8/1941. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/social-distancing-culture/609019/

Across the country, social distancing is morphing from a public-health to political act. The consequences could be disastrous.

For Geoff Frost, the first sign of the coronavirus culture war came last weekend on the golf course. His country club, located in an affluent suburb of Atlanta, had recently introduced a slew of new policies to encourage social distancing. The communal water jugs were gone, the restaurant was closed, and golfers had been asked to limit themselves to one person per cart. Frost, a 43-year-old Democrat, told me the club’s mix of younger liberals and older conservatives had always gotten along just fine—but the guidelines were proving divisive.  
At the driving range, while Frost and his like-minded friends slathered on hand sanitizer and kept six feet apart, the white-haired Republicans seemed to delight in breaking the new rules. They made a show of shaking hands, and complained loudly about the “stupid hoax” being propagated by virus alarmists. When their tee times were up, they piled defiantly into golf carts, shoulder to shoulder, and sped off toward the first hole.  
Frost felt conflicted. He wanted to encourage the men, some of whom he’d known for years, to be more careful. “I care about their well-being,” he told me. “But it’s a tough call, just personally, because it’s become a political thing.”

Wish I could say I'm surprised. So naive for me to believe early on that a crisis of this proportion would unite a country.

Then again, even Pearl Harbor didn't unite us as much as is written. Big divides between Isolationists vs those that saw a problem not defeating Fascism before they were on our doorstep still existed 12/8/1941. 

how can it unite when everybody is using it to be divisive and by politicizing it?   even the story above... who the fuck cares (or I doubt the writer even knows) the polical affiliation of the rest of the country club membership?  do they have to wear special color coded golf trousers to define their affiliation?   look at this site... nobody can leave the political side of this alone... for shits sake I have heard countless reports of people in very liberal based metropolitan centers that have done ridiculous shit in the face of this virus,  were they called out by their likely political affiliation?  I dont think so nor should they be... what is sad isnt how any one particular politician is or isnt handling this from their office,  its that we are more focused on finger pointing blame than we actually are on what is or isnt working,  about finding the truths behind the virus.  

history will clearly show the facts when we need them to,  there is absolutely nothing to be gained by all this teeth baring and finger pointing that is taking place right now.    how could any politician make sound decisions on what to say or do in the face of this thing when they first have to be asking themselves how it will be viewed and twisted?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

how can it unite when everybody is using it to be divisive and by politicizing it?   even the story above... who the fuck cares (or I doubt the writer even knows) the polical affiliation of the rest of the country club membership?  do they have to wear special color coded golf trousers to define their affiliation?   look at this site... nobody can leave the political side of this alone... for shits sake I have heard countless reports of people in very liberal based metropolitan centers that have done ridiculous shit in the face of this virus,  were they called out by their likely political affiliation?  I dont think so nor should they be... what is sad isnt how any one particular politician is or isnt handling this from their office,  its that we are more focused on finger pointing blame than we actually are on what is or isnt working,  about finding the truths behind the virus.  

history will clearly show the facts when we need them to,  there is absolutely nothing to be gained by all this teeth baring and finger pointing that is taking place right now.    how could any politician make sound decisions on what to say or do in the face of this thing when they first have to be asking themselves how it will be viewed and twisted?

An age old challenge...

It's also what great leaders do when faced with adversity, make sound decisions.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

An age old challenge...

It's also what great leaders do when faced with adversity, make sound decisions.  

and history will tell if the actions and decision made are sound,   not immediate drivel from people that are paid to make up your mind for you.   honestly,  you likely are better informed on this virus than the talking heads on the tv and internet who get retweeted and quoted as some sort of experts... all because they take a political slant that you or I tend to agree with?  no thanks.   a war isnt won in a day... ok well most wars arent,  we wont really know who is making the right moves until this is pretty much over and real analysis is done,  right now the real experts are to busy trying to figure out what exactly they are dealing with to be taking time to point fingers.   I agree that Trump has said some stupid shit,  but he isnt alone and no the buck doesnt stop at the top,  every dumb ass local politician other type of leader that has made dismissive comments is as much or more to blame than Trump.  I trust my local elected people to have my best interest in mind more than I do anybody in DC,  hands down everyday of the week... and even then I dont trust them very far either.

I dont agree with all of his decisions, but I am glad to have Gov Waltz here too...More than anyone in Washington - sans Fauci and Birx.