Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump cancels trip to Denmark because they won't sell Greenland to USA
Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
So its well documented that I didnt vote for the man. 

He said :   I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat - I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty, ' Trump told reporters.

How exactly is that different then what we hear from democrats about black people, or brown, or gay, or pretty much everyone who isnt a straight white male?  Is it because a “republican” dare try and get a demographic to vote for him?  Or is it that we should forget about what those two vile women have said about jews?

I get yall hate the guy but lets hate him for the stupid shit he does. There certainly is enough of it that we dont need to be offended by the little stuff that the media tells us we should be offended by. 
Sorry but I reserve the right to file this under "stupid shit he says or does".

1)  Greenland is not for sale

2) To cancel a trip, because Denmark won't sell Greenland, is just one more example of him throwing a tantrum on the global stage.

So I called my neighbor, told him I wanted to buy his house.  He said it's not for sale.  I told him I won't be coming to his house for dinner next week because he refuses to sell me his house.

But hey you're right, when you're a brainwashed cult this is perfectly normal and not the least bit stupid, bizarre or embarrassing. 
Whats wrong with trying to buy Greenland?  Its been attempted a couple times by the USA and China and there's probably been other attempts that aren't so public.  It would be a strategic purchase and likely has all kinds of untapped resources.

What neither of us knows is if there was any pre-meeting discussions?  Did Trump just make this up or was there low level talks about it?  I'll agree that he probably just made it up but trying to buy Greenland seems to make plenty of sense to me.
As for eating dinner with your neighbors.  I'm always trying to buy their land.  They know it.  We talk about it.  Some day they'll sell it to me.  This is how real-estate transactions get accomplished.  Though it'll take some sort of a financial emergency for Denmark to liquidate its best to let your intentions know. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Since when does the US pay for land vs just taking it???

:p 
The Danes better be up on their NATO dues.  Jus sayin.   B)

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@purplefaithful said:
Since when does the US pay for land vs just taking it???

:p 
The Danes better be up on their NATO dues.  Jus sayin.   B)
Is there any oil in the ground or poppies growing in the countryside? 

Just another meaningless, incremental alienation of another ally, Putin couldn't be more proud. 

"United we stand divided we fall"  Aesop

Lets all agree how much better Rodgers is than any QB we have ever had.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
So its well documented that I didnt vote for the man. 

He said :   I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat - I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty, ' Trump told reporters.

How exactly is that different then what we hear from democrats about black people, or brown, or gay, or pretty much everyone who isnt a straight white male?  Is it because a “republican” dare try and get a demographic to vote for him?  Or is it that we should forget about what those two vile women have said about jews?

I get yall hate the guy but lets hate him for the stupid shit he does. There certainly is enough of it that we dont need to be offended by the little stuff that the media tells us we should be offended by. 
Sorry but I reserve the right to file this under "stupid shit he says or does".

1)  Greenland is not for sale

2) To cancel a trip, because Denmark won't sell Greenland, is just one more example of him throwing a tantrum on the global stage.

So I called my neighbor, told him I wanted to buy his house.  He said it's not for sale.  I told him I won't be coming to his house for dinner next week because he refuses to sell me his house.

But hey you're right, when you're a brainwashed cult this is perfectly normal and not the least bit stupid, bizarre or embarrassing. 
Whats wrong with trying to buy Greenland?  Its been attempted a couple times by the USA and China and there's probably been other attempts that aren't so public.  It would be a strategic purchase and likely has all kinds of untapped resources.

What neither of us knows is if there was any pre-meeting discussions?  Did Trump just make this up or was there low level talks about it?  I'll agree that he probably just made it up but trying to buy Greenland seems to make plenty of sense to me.
As for eating dinner with your neighbors.  I'm always trying to buy their land.  They know it.  We talk about it.  Some day they'll sell it to me.  This is how real-estate transactions get accomplished.  Though it'll take some sort of a financial emergency for Denmark to liquidate its best to let your intentions know. 
It's the asinine delivery and the lack of strategic purpose.  You all may consider him the king, your Lord, potentate or Don, but isn't there this democracy thing we kinda hang our hats on?  Land acquisition, shouldn't there be some additional representation.  It may be how plaid jacketed real estate agents do business but he's representing America, that place you don't disrespect by kneeling when the flag is displayed, not looking for an 8% commission.  

Then we have this

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/michael_mann_creator_of_the_infamous_global_warming_hockey_stick_loses_lawsuit_against_climate_skeptic_ordered_to_pay_defendants_costs.html

The strategic purpose of Greenland is obvious.  China and Russia both have designs on arctic exploration for resources and China has shown interest in Greenland.  Having a Chinese Territory that close is the definition of a strategic problem.

That doesn't even include the potential resources that could be accessed.  China has a distinct advantage in access to rare earth minerals and as we should know Russia made serious inroads in gaining access to our uranium resources.

On top of that Greenland gets to decide not Denmark, offering to buy it from Greenland is a fair gesture but they were granted some autonomy and could vote themselves so pull away from Denmark.  Denmark can't afford to sustain Greenland let alone develop it (not Trump hotels) mineral resources that could help lift the population out of poverty.

Quote: @NodakViking said:
Then we have this

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/michael_mann_creator_of_the_infamous_global_warming_hockey_stick_loses_lawsuit_against_climate_skeptic_ordered_to_pay_defendants_costs.html

The strategic purpose of Greenland is obvious.  China and Russia both have designs on arctic exploration for resources and China has shown interest in Greenland.  Having a Chinese Territory that close is the definition of a strategic problem.

That doesn't even include the potential resources that could be accessed.  China has a distinct advantage in access to rare earth minerals and as we should know Russia made serious inroads in gaining access to our uranium resources.

On top of that Greenland gets to decide not Denmark, offering to buy it from Greenland is a fair gesture but they were granted some autonomy and could vote themselves so pull away from Denmark.  Denmark can't afford to sustain Greenland let alone develop it (not Trump hotels) mineral resources that could help lift the population out of poverty.
That whooshing sound you  hear is the point flying over your head ...