Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I suspect Bill is right...
BilBBelichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.

[url=https://twitter.com/RealAlexBarth/status/1780659618609234309][/url]https://twitter.com/RealAlexBarth/status...8609234309

He's (mostly) right.  I have observed that 99% of real info leaks in the 24-48 hours prior to the event.  Watching the betting markets you can see this.  The closer it gets the stronger the info.  

This is why I don't pay much attention to all the noise this time of year, though I do recall years ago Sid Hartman casually wrote one mid-March morning that the Vikes would draft Anthony Barr with their first pick.  No one paid any attention but I did use it to win a bet.  r.i.p. Sid.

Possibly the only legit leak this year so far is Schefter calling Daniels at #2.

Totally agree as this is the case every single year. Some fans just forget. I said in a thread months ago that the rumors get real a day or two before the Draft. The thing is there are SO many bullshit rumors that a few eventually end of being correct for the shear volume.

I've always felt that what you hear in January and the week of the draft tends to be accurate. Everything in between is bullshit. But did you see the Belichick interview? Holy shit, I think I saw him smile once.

(04-18-2024, 07:25 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I've always felt that what you hear in January and the week of the draft tends to be accurate. Everything in between is bullshit. But did you see the Belichick interview? Holy shit, I think I saw him smile once.

Bill's 72 years old. He's had an amazing run and he'll be considered maybe the best coach in NFL history. Time to do something else. Take that big curmudgeon energy to a new adventure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Thumbs Up 

Do tell… Cool Tongue