Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All or None... Why?
Why does every conversation about anything these days have to be an all or none issue?  Is there no acceptable middle ground on anything?

should we re-open our economy... why is it not acceptable to say yes with restrictions?  its either no... and if you think so you are trying to kill people,  or yes and if you dont think so then you are lazy and dont care about those that have to work to feed and house their families.

should we have another round of stimulus monies

was Trump right to demand packing houses stay open... WTF cant they run the lines with half ( or less ) the people at half (or less) the speed to keep at least a little food rolling out of the plants?

There is just no one that will have a rational conversation on anything,  i cant help but think its because we are bombarded with extreme views and position by SM, MSM, and everywhere else we look and listen.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

I'm here, Huckleberry...  B)

Yeah, things are binary.  My theory is it is driven by time domain, we need a quick and immediate conclusion to all problems, because all of this information is at our fingertips.  Folks aren't great consumers, particularly if it's all free.  One of my favorite movies "The Gods Must Be Crazy", a damn coke bottle drops out of the heavens and the social disruption caused by the out of sync tech, all they had was sand and wood, the society started to fall apart.  It's just a human thing, think of the Luddites VS the Shakers and how the each embraced tech advance.  One tried to deny it the other embraced it.  The other thing is the anonymity of the web.  You talk like us some nights in a bar and a lot of shit wouldn't get said face to face.    I listened to a very disturbing podcast called "Hunting Warhead" about hunting pedophiles on the darknet.  It really gets into the double life people lead on the internet, and how they find each other.  Really uncomfortable, to the family  these folks were just brothers, uncles, children, cousins, odd but nothing sinister, online just pure predators.

The day trump laid out the staging protocol for the re-opening of the nation, I will have to say I was impressed with the common sense displayed by the administration...finally! 

Hours later, IIRC, we got the Liberate Virginia, Liberate Michigan, Liberate Minnesota tweets. 

Again, I can't even.

Jimmy, I'll give you a lot of credit for wanting, probably dying for reasonable discourse on any matter...that's just not the current climate this administration fosters...maybe you felt the same thing under Obama...but guys like trump and McConnell scare the living fuck out of me...the disregard for principles set up in the constitution are something out of a dystopian nightmare...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The day trump laid out the staging protocol for the re-opening of the nation, I will have to say I was impressed with the common sense displayed by the administration...finally! 

Hours later, IIRC, we got the Liberate Virginia, Liberate Michigan, Liberate Minnesota tweets. 

Again, I can't even.

Jimmy, I'll give you a lot of credit for wanting, probably dying for reasonable discourse on any matter...that's just not the current climate this administration fosters...maybe you felt the same thing under Obama...but guys like trump and McConnell scare the living fuck out of me...the disregard for principles set up in the constitution are something out of a dystopian nightmare...
its not even on matter that have anything to do with Trump or this administration,  this has been building for a decade or more.

If i were to say I think planned parenthood is a good organization but I am opposed to abortion... all somebody will hear is either I am a baby killer,  or i dont respect women and am sexist.

its like this with everything,  we cant have any common sense legislation any more,  because all the fuckers in DC have somebody they owe favors to and those vultures are hovering every time a spending bill is introduced to get their bull shit cuts and then once both sides fill it with their pork we sit and point fingers like our team is innocent.

like right there in your post,  you give Trump a little credit, but would have ever acknowledged that his admin did something good if you couldnt have followed it up with a discounting counter point?   and yes... I felt the same under Obama.  I hate the race issue,  i hate that a hundred and fifty years after the end of slavery we even still have to have conversations around race,  and I really hated that I thought that Obama was going to be the guy to help usher in a new era of racial peace, but it seemed he took every opportunity to pour gas on the fire.

just like Trump,  it was great what the economy and employment numbers were doing with him at the helm,  but WTF does he need to remind people of his negatives every chance he gets?  why does the media get a double standard pass where they are allowed to tear apart and misrepresent the story to fit their agenda.   I am so sick of all this shit.

things are too good.  too many choices. too many echo chambers.  

Tribalism has taken hostage 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Again, I can't even.

its not even on matter that have anything to do with Trump or this administration,  this has been building for a decade or more.

If i were to say I think planned parenthood is a good organization but I am opposed to abortion... all somebody will hear is either I am a baby killer,  or i dont respect women and am sexist.

its like this with everything,  we cant have any common sense legislation any more,  because all the fuckers in DC have somebody they owe favors to and those vultures are hovering every time a spending bill is introduced to get their bull shit cuts and then once both sides fill it with their pork we sit and point fingers like our team is innocent.

like right there in your post,  you give Trump a little credit, but would have ever acknowledged that his admin did something good if you couldnt have followed it up with a discounting counter point?   and yes... I felt the same under Obama.  I hate the race issue,  i hate that a hundred and fifty years after the end of slavery we even still have to have conversations around race,  and I really hated that I thought that Obama was going to be the guy to help usher in a new era of racial peace, but it seemed he took every opportunity to pour gas on the fire.

just like Trump,  it was great what the economy and employment numbers were doing with him at the helm,  but WTF does he need to remind people of his negatives every chance he gets?  why does the media get a double standard pass where they are allowed to tear apart and misrepresent the story to fit their agenda.   I am so sick of all this shit.
I think we need to have some sort of option, where politicians can highlight up a bill for things they are for and things they are against, and a partial bill is allowed to make it through congress.
For example:Bill LXVII:  Providing relief to needy families due to Covid19
Line 1:  All taxpayers get $1200Line 2:  Boeing gets $50,500,000,000Line 3:  Small businesses get $1000 per employee
Line 4:  Abortion is legalized for 12 year old babiesLine 5:  Everyone gets a free tank because guns

Maybe we can all agree on some of the items, but not on the others, and that's fine.  Pass the good stuff and let the other stuff just die on the vine.

Quote: @medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Again, I can't even.

I think we need to have some sort of option, where politicians can highlight up a bill for things they are for and things they are against, and a partial bill is allowed to make it through congress.
Line 1:  All taxpayers get $1200Line 2:  Boeing gets $50,500,000,000Line 3:  Small businesses get $1000 per employee
Line 4:  Abortion is legalized for 12 year old babiesLine 5:  Everyone gets a free tank because guns

Maybe we can all agree on some of the items, but not on the others, and that's fine.  Pass the good stuff and let the other stuff just die on the vine.
Transparency in government spending and voting, I think would bridge the gap, heal the country.  A sign that we are all getting fucked can bring together solidarity.  It shouldn’t be us vs each other with them riding the wave of anger, it should be them (government) working for us (the people).  Information allows for accountability.

Quote: @medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Again, I can't even.

Or just quit pork barreling these things.  If they want to jump them have each line item be a voting item and only the items that receive majority get passed.  That way at least there is no more "we had to pass it to get xxx funded"

And for the love of God....term limits!