Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed Hochuli - referee in the NFC Championship Game
http://www.footballzebras.com/category/assignments/

Football Zebras has confirmed that Clete Blakeman will lead the crew for the AFC Championship game and Ed Hochuli will be the referee in the NFC Championship game.
In an interesting development, several officials have received their second on-field playoff assignment for this season. Traditionally, those officials who receive two playoff assignments are the Super Bowl officials, who also work a Divisional playoff. However, in this case, these assignments are the first doubles in a single season, without a Super Bowl assignment, since 2003. There was some indication that the procedures were going to be altered slightly this year, as more than 20 officials will not get any assignment this postseason.
Three alternates are assigned to each game: generally, one is designated for the offensive backfield (a referee or umpire), one is on the line of scrimmage (down judge or line judge), and one is a deep position (side judge, field judge, or back judge). When alternates are listed, their position during the regular season is also given. The prior playoff experience that is listed for the crew chief includes his service as an NFL official, including as referee and any other crew position (excluding alternate assignments). 

Great. Story time with Ed for every call. Game should be over sometime on Monday.

As far as I know he's considered a "Cowboy lover" by Eagles fans.

Let's hope for some good Karma

Been my experience however that further in the playoffs, the more they let them hold...er...interfere...I mean "Play"

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
As far as I know he's considered a "Cowboy lover" by Eagles fans.
You mean like in Brokeback Mountain or as in he is a Dallas Cowboys fan? I'm hoping for the latter.