Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins article about perception
Dan Marino is considered one of the best ever and he made it to the SB his rookie year which was a loss and never made it back.  I don't think the narrative with Cousins is all about the wins, but the way he does not appear to play the game aggressively to win.  He often check downs on big 3rd downs, sometimes gets that deer in headlights look and does not play with that competitive fire that someone like Marino had, which always gave Marino the perception of a winner.  He has all the talent in the world which makes it so frustrating, because he can do it.  Hopefully KOC can bring a more passionate Cousins to the field this year.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Dan Marino is considered one of the best ever and he made it to the SB his rookie year which was a loss and never made it back.  I don't think the narrative with Cousins is all about the wins, but the way he does not appear to play the game aggressively to win.  
That's a very fair criticism. 'Pulling the trigger' seems to be something he's loath to do, although when he does, its almost always a good outcome. Although I think we've seen a more passionate Cousins in Minnesota compared to Washington. He's got passion, its his reluctance to be more aggressive that's a legit critique but they are different things.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
Dan Marino is considered one of the best ever and he made it to the SB his rookie year which was a loss and never made it back.  I don't think the narrative with Cousins is all about the wins, but the way he does not appear to play the game aggressively to win.  
That's a very fair criticism. 'Pulling the trigger' seems to be something he's loath to do, although when he does, its almost always a good outcome. Although I think we've seen a more passionate Cousins in Minnesota compared to Washington. He's got passion, its his reluctance to be more aggressive that's a legit critique but they are different things.
Good points, when he does play aggressively like he did in that one playoff game he often gets it done, he just seems to hold back.  There has been a lot said about him being more concerned about building stats, but maybe he is just afraid of making mistakes.  Someone like Favre never would have had the success he had without letting it all go on the field, which cost him at times like in the NFC championship game with us, but more often it was what made him great.