Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economic Recovery: Unlike Anything You've Seen
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
A week or two ago someone thought they remembered that the Canadians were mad because the cancelled pipeline and they were punishing the US by withholding lumber.  Always looking for some tangential way to be critical.  Really, an opinion piece by someone they probably can't remember ever agreeing with before, but now they find it convincing.  Not a very complex thought process involved.  Are the Twin Cities still burning?
screw you.   once again you come to criticize but never really contribute.. why are you here besides trolling?  do opposing view points really frighten you that much that you need to be a richard every time I post something?   

Now is that a personal attack?  Should a moderator post like that? 
Trolls usually have thicker skin.  "Always looking for some tangential way to be critical."  Or offended.  

@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
A week or two ago someone thought they remembered that the Canadians were mad because the cancelled pipeline and they were punishing the US by withholding lumber.  Always looking for some tangential way to be critical.  Really, an opinion piece by someone they probably can't remember ever agreeing with before, but now they find it convincing.  Not a very complex thought process involved.  Are the Twin Cities still burning?
screw you.   once again you come to criticize but never really contribute.. why are you here besides trolling?  do opposing view points really frighten you that much that you need to be a richard every time I post something?   

keep it up Al.   if you arent here to talk about the topics and want to make it about trolling me,  you wont be here.

Quote: @greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

Trolls usually have thicker skin.  "Always looking for some tangential way to be critical."  Or offended.  
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/14...34691?s=20
Right 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
is it still conservative tin foil fodder if Clintons former sec of treas and Obamas director of the National Economic Council thinks things are headed in a dangerous direction?

"I think policy is rather overdoing it," Summers at a CoinDesk conference in May. "The sense of serenity and complacency being projected by the economic policymakers, that this is all something that can easily be managed, is misplaced."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mcc...on-warning   
Honestly, many people have been forecasting 'trouble' ahead for the last 10 years. Artificially propping up the economy has been going on since we pulled out of the Great Recession. The Stock Market was going to 'crash' again several times, yet here we are with historic highs. Interest rates are low, unemployment continues to go down after being a incredibly low rates before COVID. Inflation! It HAS to go up at some point! Yet now they are forecasting it to go down by 2023. Once they get the labor and material cost situation stable, the economy will improve even more.

Bottom line: Democrats don't want to give Republicans any credit for anything and vice versa. I heard the same stuff when Trump was in charge and the economy was rolling along before COVID. Wash, rinse and repeat.
i posted it to show that some are willing to cross those party lines and voice concerns/opinions that may not coincide with what one would expect to hear from them.  if there was an R in office I would expect a former clinton and obama financial expert to make claims as to the potential failures of the current administrations economy, but considering its a former D financial consultant i found it odd at best and actually a little more concerning to hear of him say anything less than rainbows and unicorns.

@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

Right 
Lol, and troll can stay on topic.  This tweet was about the economy, they are admitting inflation is upon us.  Tone deaf as it is, they are admitting it by raising the question.

@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

Right 
Lol, and troll can stay on topic.  This tweet was about the economy, they are admitting inflation is upon us.  Tone deaf as it is, they are admitting it by raising the question.
I think we can now say, “screw you “ “troll”, all i can add for your contributions totally worthless.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
is it still conservative tin foil fodder if Clintons former sec of treas and Obamas director of the National Economic Council thinks things are headed in a dangerous direction?

"I think policy is rather overdoing it," Summers at a CoinDesk conference in May. "The sense of serenity and complacency being projected by the economic policymakers, that this is all something that can easily be managed, is misplaced."

Honestly, many people have been forecasting 'trouble' ahead for the last 10 years. Artificially propping up the economy has been going on since we pulled out of the Great Recession. The Stock Market was going to 'crash' again several times, yet here we are with historic highs. Interest rates are low, unemployment continues to go down after being a incredibly low rates before COVID. Inflation! It HAS to go up at some point! Yet now they are forecasting it to go down by 2023. Once they get the labor and material cost situation stable, the economy will improve even more.

Bottom line: Democrats don't want to give Republicans any credit for anything and vice versa. I heard the same stuff when Trump was in charge and the economy was rolling along before COVID. Wash, rinse and repeat.
i posted it to show that some are willing to cross those party lines and voice concerns/opinions that may not coincide with what one would expect to hear from them.  if there was an R in office I would expect a former clinton and obama financial expert to make claims as to the potential failures of the current administrations economy, but considering its a former D financial consultant i found it odd at best and actually a little more concerning to hear of him say anything less than rainbows and unicorns.
Rationalization is a simple defense mechinism, good that’s an improvement.  Perhaps someday

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:

@JimmyinSD Anytime you want to give up being a mod, I'll do it.  I just retired, I see your on all day, so I can help the economy and let you make your employer happy.  It will keep me from posting here, don't believe you can post and control and moderate, as you have proven.   Come on dude, let's do it.

@JimmyinSD  come on dude, lets change places, why you want to hang on, something too small.  It's not like a lot of folk have not left because of you, give me a shot, I have editorial experience.  I promise, I will not post my opinions and moderate those that don't agree.  That's a fools mission, your sheep and wife will sleep better if you walk away.  

As Al wants to ignore the topic and make this about him and me he is done in this thread.

This board serves no purpose if its just going to be a pissing match between individuals making shit personal or trolling other posters contributions.  It would be better that this board didn't exist than to let type of behavior