VikeFans.com
Washington considered JJ @ 2 - Printable Version

+- VikeFans.com (https://vikefans.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://vikefans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Longship (https://vikefans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Washington considered JJ @ 2 (/showthread.php?tid=18878)

Pages: 1 2

Washington considered JJ @ 2 - TheWinterSKOLdier - 04-29-2024

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/1784982376558330030

RE: Washington considered JJ @ 2 - StickierBuns - 04-29-2024

Truth is not every team's NFL Draft board is the same. I heard from a buddy who is a Washington fan that they didn't like Drake Maye. Their board went Williams, Daniels and McCarthy.

RE: Washington considered JJ @ 2 - purplefaithful - 04-29-2024

(04-29-2024, 12:25 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Truth is not every team's NFL Draft board is the same. I heard from a buddy who is a Washington fan that they didn't like Drake Maye. Their board went Williams, Daniels and McCarthy.

Yup...

And obviously ATL had em ranked differently too...

RE: Washington considered JJ @ 2 - MaroonBells - 04-29-2024

(04-29-2024, 12:27 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Yup...

And obviously ATL had em ranked differently too...

I think all of these are good signs that this class really WAS one of the better QB classes--that these 6 QBs really were fairly close together and not overvalued due to need. In other words, more like 2020 with Burrow, Herbert and Love, than 2021 with Wilson, Lance, Fields and Jones.

(04-29-2024, 01:08 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I think all of these are good signs that this class really WAS one of the better QB classes--that these 6 QBs really were fairly close together and not overvalued due to need. In other words, more like 2020 with Burrow, Herbert and Love, than 2021 with Wilson, Lance, Fields and Jones.

The only consensus may be Caleb was a clear #1, possible Nix #6 on most boards (sorry Havoc). But even Nix was a top 15 choice.

RE: Washington considered JJ @ 2 - StickierBuns - 04-29-2024

Adam Schefter just said that he also thinks the Giants were trying to trade up to #3 for Joe Alt, not Drake Maye. 

Maye is polarizing.

(04-29-2024, 01:39 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Adam Schefter just said that he also thinks the Giants were trying to trade up to #3 for Joe Alt, not Drake Maye. 

Maye is polarizing.

Yah, I heard that too - not loudly, but it was out there. 

And it wasn't because of his footwork either. Obviously the Vikings weren't concerned though/.

It'll be so interesting to look back on this class in the next 3-4 seasons.

RE: Washington considered JJ @ 2 - MaroonBells - 04-30-2024

(04-29-2024, 01:50 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Yah, I heard that too - not loudly, but it was out there. 

And it wasn't because of his footwork either. Obviously the Vikings weren't concerned though/.

It'll be so interesting to look back on this class in the next 3-4 seasons.

Did we dodge a buillet? Did the Pats turn down a chance to build their roster with a megahaul just so they could take the next Mac Jones?

RE: Washington considered JJ @ 2 - StickierBuns - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 07:48 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Did we dodge a buillet? Did the Pats turn down a chance to build their roster with a megahaul just so they could take the next Mac Jones?

So this was also a rumor: NE stayed put to take Maye partly because Minnesota and the NY Giants were trying so hard to move up for him....they respect Daboll and KOC and felt if they wanted him, it validates taking him themselves. Take it with a grain. Rumors! lol

RE: Washington considered JJ @ 2 - JimmyinSD - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 08:04 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: So this was also a rumor: NE stayed put to take Maye partly because Minnesota and the NY Giants were trying so hard to move up for him....they respect Daboll and KOC and felt if they wanted him, it validates taking him themselves. Take it with a grain. Rumors! lol

I thought it was because they heard that the Broncos really wanted them and they fell for shit faces trickery....