94 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PurplePain

PurplePain

Warrior

• ContentProviders
  • 743 posts
  • LocationPlano, Texas

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

Longtime Minnesota Vikings punter and holder of more than 10 team punting records, Chris Kluwe joined VikeFans.com on Wednesday. Chris talks about music, video games, being owed an ice cream cone, a lot about his experience as a Viking football, some talk about pranks, and his most memorable moments as a Viking.

Chris also discusses some of his rationale on why he believes he was terminated from his NFL job beyond performance.

Chris was proud to be a Minnesota Viking, and as you see from his closing comment, once a Viking, always a Viking.

Please welcome Chris Kluwe to the VikeFans.com Longship.

Click here to view the article
  • vikingbob2469 and iowa68 like this

#2 OFFLINE   Montana Tom Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

Montana Tom

Berserker

• Moderators
  • 1,398 posts
  • LocationWhitefish, Montana

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

Okay, looks like I'm the first to tap into this keg....

#3 ONLINE   StickyBun Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

StickyBun

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

Here's what I take from this: somebody stepped up to the plate here, under a lot of pressure and scrutiny and knocked it out of the park.

I'm talking about you, Tom. Well freaking done, sir. Tip o' the cap. 

:Clap_02:

p.s. And no matter how you feel about Chris Kluwe and where you stand on this situation, thank you Chris for being a man of your word and sticking with this interview from a timeframe standpoint. 

• SomewhatAwesome, Purp1eOne, PurpleLibrarian and 1 other like this

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

#4 OFFLINE   Montana Tom Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

Montana Tom

Berserker

• Moderators
  • 1,398 posts
  • LocationWhitefish, Montana

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

Love the warmup with the ice cream cone...great way to loosen up the conversation up front.

Very engaging interviewing style, Tom.  A well-done interview that allows us to get a more well-rounded view of Chris Kluwe.  And yes, lots of football, lots of Viking memories.  A good listen for all.

#5 OFFLINE   PurpleMember Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

PurpleMember

My name is Molly... Molly Coddle.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

....so much for the all of hand wringing that Kluwe might try to "steer" the interview...... nicely done.....

• rtyler and Nagasakee like this

#6 OFFLINE   JimmyinSD Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

JimmyinSD

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion, or is it Delusion?

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

....so much for the all of hand wringing that Kluwe might try to "steer" the interview...... nicely done.....

this is me eating crow....

Tom,  I was wrong about Chris's intent and purpose,  but definately not wrong about your abilities.   Great job as usual.  For those that said they were going to avoid this interview because they dont want political/social agendas shoved in your face..... listen to it.

• SomewhatAwesome, Montana Tom, rtyler and 3 others like this

Why Isn't Chuck Foreman
In the Hall Of Fame???

#7 OFFLINE   a1janitor Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

a1janitor

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

I've changed my mind about him. Seems like a really good guy, and he sounds very credible.

I still contend that his problem was his delivery ... A well-spoken gentleman could have done far better than the way he portrayed himself.

I don't think there will be a lawsuit ... He would lose. At the very least, I think he will improve issues inside the NFL locker room.

Excellent job Tom.
  • SomewhatAwesome, rtyler and Jayme96 like this

#8 OFFLINE   Movikx Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

Movikx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Tom. You,sir, are amazing! This just might be your best interview to date!!! :cheers2:  :fistbump:   :Clap_02:  :Clap_02:  :Clap_02:

Chris. just want to thank you for taking the time to do this.Very  informative. loved hearing your take on Reggie Bush getting blown up in the championship game! :Clap_02:  :Clap_02:  :Clap_02:

• Montana Tom likes this

#9 ONLINE   SomewhatAwesome Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

SomewhatAwesome

Not to be trusted with ANYTHING!!!

• Administrators
  • 924 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

great job Tom I just got done listening and I dont think you could have handled the interview any better. The thing that I like about your interview process is that you're not digging for dirt you're not trying to get the negativity out it's just simple forward and to the point

with traditional media it seems that there such an importance on trying to dig up controversy. there's so much that's been blown up around him in the team that there's no need for that. thanks again for doing this interview.

And Chris if yer reading thanks again and let me know when your band is playing!

View My Member Profile

Posted Image

SwA: As long as all chickens have a voice and are respected, the chicken can go anywhere it wants.

Does not support Chris Kluwe's actions
Doesn't think Priefer is worht the headache
Wishes the team would have just cut Priefer when tehy cut the rest of the team
Punters aren't worth 5th round draft picks
Kluwe is delusional

#10 OFFLINE   Nagasakee Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

Nagasakee

Oarsman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationCape Cod, MA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

Great job Tom, really well managed and interesting.

jimfran.JPG

#11 OFFLINE   Movikx Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

Movikx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Tom. IIRC... you mentioned that you weren't going to tweet about this interview... IMO,you might want to re-think that stance. This deserves all the pub it can get!!!!!!

• Montana Tom likes this

#12 ONLINE   StickyBun Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

StickyBun

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Tom  .IIRC... you mentioned that you weren't going to tweet about this interview... IMO,you might want to re-think that stance. This deserves all the pub it can get!!!!!!

He did tweet it. 

#13 OFFLINE   Movikx Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

Movikx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

He did tweet it. 

oops! my bad!

#14 ONLINE   StickyBun Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

StickyBun

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

oops! my bad!

No worries, he just did it a bit ago. Just wanted to let you know he did! 

• Movikx likes this

#15 ONLINE   SomewhatAwesome Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

SomewhatAwesome

Not to be trusted with ANYTHING!!!

• Administrators
  • 924 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Oh shoot. I asked PTN and Pain if they had tweeted it leading to it being tweeted. Pain sorry I didn't realize (or forgot) that you were thinking of not tweeting it. If you didn't want it tweeted I apologize. 

But dang it was a great interview. 

View My Member Profile

Posted Image

SwA: As long as all chickens have a voice and are respected, the chicken can go anywhere it wants.

Does not support Chris Kluwe's actions
Doesn't think Priefer is worht the headache
Wishes the team would have just cut Priefer when tehy cut the rest of the team
Punters aren't worth 5th round draft picks
Kluwe is delusional

#16 OFFLINE   PTN Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

PTN

Berserker

• Administrators
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

I have to say that my picture of Kluwe has been refreshed.

So much discussion and so many articles are based on the controversial topics.  Over time you forget that there's a regular person behind it (and a pretty damn good punter too).

I would expect any other media outlet to focus on how much controversy (and therefore revenue) someone like Chris Kluwe could generate.  You really did a fantastic job of stripping that controversy away and showing that there are a lot more interesting things to focus on.

• Nagasakee likes this

----

#17 OFFLINE   PTN Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

PTN

Berserker

• Administrators
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

He did tweet it. 

That was me.  I never caught any discussion about not tweeting it. 

I don't understand the logic behind not tweeting something like this.  It's a pretty outstanding interview.  People should hear it.

----

#18 ONLINE   SmokedPears Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

SmokedPears

All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Very good job Tom. Great line of questioning!

I'm glad to hear CK has softened his tone on firing Priefer. Hopefully that is a sign he is maturing. Hopefully we won't see any more tweets like the ones Sass reminded us of yesterday. Chris has always been very funny. That segment with McNabb was one of the funniest things I've seen from a player and he was a favorite of mine at that time. Clearly he is not one of my favorites now but more maturity like this could win me back.

Can't wait 'til August! And it's almost here...

View my member profile

78 pounds lost and counting...

:Vflag:

#19 OFFLINE   PTN Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

PTN

Berserker

• Administrators
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

What the heck.  Three posts in a row :)

I also wanted to say thanks to Chris for both the interview and for all the hard work with the Vikings over the years. 

• Nagasakee likes this

----

#20 ONLINE   SmokedPears Re: Article - Chris Kluwe Interview on VikeFans.com - 7-16-14

SmokedPears

All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

What the heck.  Three posts in a row :)

I also wanted to say thanks to Chris for both the interview and for all the hard work with the Vikings over the years. 

No worries, I broke them up for you. :)

• PTN likes this

Can't wait 'til August! And it's almost here...

View my member profile

78 pounds lost and counting...

:Vflag:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users