Our new forums are now active and these forums will remain online to serve as an archive.

Unfortunately we were unable to import everyone's profiles however, registration is very simple and can be done at: www.vikefans.com/alt-register/

From there on the nav bar click on the Interact menu button and check into the new forums.

If you need assistance with registering, please email us at [email protected]

Please update your bookmarks for the following: http://vikefans.com/forums/the-longship/

Photo

Why do I get sinking feeling...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vanguard83

Vanguard83

C'mon Already!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • LocationRiverside, CA.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

...that no one is going to pick up AD, and he'll come crawling home to momma, because "our door was open" to him..... then we'll STILL overpay him.....then he'll say how "I never wanted to leave Minnesota, or I wanted to retire a Viking"......then he'll get hurt?
  • Caactorvike, psblake, Jayme96 and 3 others like this

giphy.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Viking Bob Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

Viking Bob

The Irish Hillbilly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

• Hammer Head
    VikeFans Tailgater

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

Everyday.....
  • 4EverPurple and RS Express like this

o2siivh.png

#3 OFFLINE   HappyViking Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

HappyViking

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationNorthern Plains Viking Territory

• VikeFans Tailgater

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

Maybe because you're feeling so optimistic? 

Happy Friday, dude!  :cheers:

Go Vikes!

#4 OFFLINE   medaille Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

medaille

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

I don't think we'll overpay him, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him back in purple, relatively unhappy with our appreciation level and not fitting into our offense, and causing us to run some weird split scheme that doesn't really work just because he's AD.

• Vanguard83, Jayme96 and holmanjp like this

#5 OFFLINE   Tom Moore Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

Tom Moore

Berserker

• ContentProviders
  • 7,922 posts
  • LocationPlano, Texas

• Hammer Head
    Training Camper 2014
    Training Camper 2015
    Training Camper 2016

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

I don't think he plays here, even if we offer the best deal. He wants $8M+ per season. He will command $5M at best. I think the Vikes offer him $4M and he walks for an incentive-laiden deal with a $3.5M base.

I think his ego won't let him take a pay cut below $8M from Minnesota. He still seems to think we owe him something and should be more loyal to him
  • Jayme96, Tyr and holmanjp like this

#6 OFFLINE   MaroonBells Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

MaroonBells

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think Peterson will have a market until that time when teams go through OTAs after the draft and start thinking about the "missing piece." 

But if the Vikings are one of those teams, I'd take him back for 4 or 5M. We're going to need a veteran back to pair with whatever rookie we draft. 

• greediron likes this

#7 OFFLINE   JimmyinSD Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

JimmyinSD

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,180 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion, or is it Delusion?

• VikeFans Tailgater
    Training Camper 2016

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

I don't think we'll overpay him, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him back in purple, relatively unhappy with our appreciation level and not fitting into our offense, and causing us to run some weird split scheme that doesn't really work just because he's AD.

I agree,thats more what I see happening,  we will resign him cheap, he will be butt hurt,  out of obligation to a former great player the coaches will try and shoe horn him into a modern offense and when he does poorly it will be the coaches fault for not using him properly and end up an ugly divorce.

Why Isn't Chuck Foreman
In the Hall Of Fame???

My faith is strong, my faith is unwavering and my vision is clear. My purpose will not be denied.

#8 OFFLINE   JimmyinSD Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

JimmyinSD

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,180 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion, or is it Delusion?

• VikeFans Tailgater
    Training Camper 2016

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think Peterson will have a market until that time when teams go through OTAs after the draft and start thinking about the "missing piece." 

But if the Vikings are one of those teams, I'd take him back for 4 or 5M. We're going to need a veteran back to pair with whatever rookie we draft. 

I could go with this line of thought if he holds his ground until we sign somebody else or after the draft and we get a promising rookie.  Ricks butt is covered as long as AD holds out,  but if AD suddenly starts the song of wanting to retire a Vike and word gets around that he would play for peanuts ( big orange foam ones) then it might force the teams hand a bit.

Why Isn't Chuck Foreman
In the Hall Of Fame???

My faith is strong, my faith is unwavering and my vision is clear. My purpose will not be denied.

#9 OFFLINE   Jayme96 Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

Jayme96

Valhalla, I am coming!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,393 posts
  • LocationSD

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

I'm afraid of the same thing.  Paying him a penny is overpaying because of the huge negative impact he has on our entire offense.  I just want him gone, and keep hoping to hear some other team is signing him.  The longer he goes unsigned, the more likely the Vikes screw up and bring the scrub back.  He can't be gone fast enough.

• Vanguard83, psblake, Minny65 and 3 others like this

#10 OFFLINE   BarrNuthin'™ Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

BarrNuthin'™

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

He'll sign and mentor Joe Mixon

#11 OFFLINE   Jayme96 Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

Jayme96

Valhalla, I am coming!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,393 posts
  • LocationSD

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

He'll sign and mentor Joe Mixon

Hahahaha, talk about a worst case scenario!

• Vanguard83 likes this

#12 OFFLINE   BarrNuthin'™ Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

BarrNuthin'™

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

what could go wrong?

• Jayme96 likes this

#13 OFFLINE   ArizonaViking Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

ArizonaViking

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, Minnesota & Tucson, Arizona

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

what could go wrong?

Peterson changes his mind and what's to stay in Minnesota another couple of years...

• Vanguard83 and Jayme96 like this

#14 OFFLINE   psblake Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

psblake

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

...that no one is going to pick up AD, and he'll come crawling home to momma, because "our door was open" to him..... then we'll STILL overpay him.....then he'll say how "I never wanted to leave Minnesota, or I wanted to retire a Viking"......then he'll get hurt?

Or he fumbles a playoff game away.
  • Purpleloki, Vanguard83, SmashmouthD and 1 other like this

The Vikings will win the North, Winter is coming!

Diggs_TD.0.gif

#15 OFFLINE   ILoveBigTD'S Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

ILoveBigTD'S

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

You guys are some unappreciative fans..

I'm so god damn happy I got to witness one of the GOAT running backs every Sunday.
Thank you AP!

I hope he comes back and finishes his career.

"Fumbling a playoff game"?

Really? Most of our playoff losses were not mostly on AP.
(Walsh, favre)

He single handley took us to the playoffs two years (2012) and the year we had t jack as our qb when we lost to philly.
  • HappyViking and JR44 like this

#16 OFFLINE   Minny65 Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

Minny65

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationNortheast Pennsylvania

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

I'm afraid of the same thing.  Paying him a penny is overpaying because of the huge negative impact he has on our entire offense.  I just want him gone, and keep hoping to hear some other team is signing him.  The longer he goes unsigned, the more likely the Vikes screw up and bring the scrub back.  He can't be gone fast enough.

Agree, don't want him back at any cost.

Maybe comes back and does the one day retirement deal and then waits for an injured back during the season???

• Jayme96 and holmanjp like this

#17 OFFLINE   Riphawkins Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

Riphawkins

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationPortage, Indiana

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

I'm so god damn happy I got to witness one of the GOAT running backs every Sunday.
Thank you AP!
"Fumbling a playoff game"?
Really? Most of our playoff losses were not mostly on AP.
(Walsh, favre)
He single handley took us to the playoffs two years (2012) and the year we had t jack as our qb when we lost to philly.

So let's overpay a guy that's already been paid to do nothing 2 out of the last 3 years. The same guy who did fumble in the '09 playoffs and cost the Vikings a FG at the minimum, and who fumbled against Seattle and while he didn't miss a last second FG, he had a hand in that loss.

He's old, he's coming off another knee injury and doesn't really fit the style of offense the Vikings are heading towards. It ends somewhere with all players.
  • holmanjp likes this

#18 OFFLINE   ILoveBigTD'S Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

ILoveBigTD'S

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

So let's overpay a guy that's already been paid to do nothing 2 out of the last 3 years. The same guy who did fumble in the '09 playoffs and cost the Vikings a FG at the minimum, and who fumbled against Seattle and while he didn't miss a last second FG, he had a hand in that loss.
He's old, he's coming off another knee injury and doesn't really fit the style of offense the Vikings are heading towards. It ends somewhere with all players.

I didn't say let's overpay him. But some of you are acting as if he's some scrub player for us.

Yeah he did fumble in the playoffs, but at the end of the day Favre threw a stupid pick throwing across his body and let's not forget the 12 men on the field penalty. Also Harvin had a costly fumble too. To blame it all on AP is borderline stupid.
And the Seattle game was all on Walsh. Sorry idk how you can blame AP for that one.

#19 OFFLINE   A1Janitor Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

A1Janitor

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

He has made $25,735 per rushing yard over the last three years.

We owe him nothing.
  • WisconsinVike, Vanguard83, Riphawkins and 2 others like this

#20 OFFLINE   JR44 Re: Why do I get sinking feeling...

JR44

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

• 2016 Brad Johnson NCAA Bracket Champ

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

I'm so happy I got to witness one of the GOAT running backs every Sunday.
Thank you AP!

Totally agree with this.  From his first carry in his first pre season game it was obvious we were watching something special, a player like Moss who is a very rare talent and I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated him on the team and couldn't believe how lucky we were to have him on the team.  Every season, I felt so grateful I got to watch one of the greatest of all time play every week.  Apparently, some missed a great ride.  And I don't think the ride is over and look forward to him running behind a new OL. 

• ILoveBigTD'S likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users