Our new forums are now active and these forums will remain online to serve as an archive.

Unfortunately we were unable to import everyone's profiles however, registration is very simple and can be done at: www.vikefans.com/alt-register/

From there on the nav bar click on the Interact menu button and check into the new forums.

If you need assistance with registering, please email us at [email protected]

Please update your bookmarks for the following: http://vikefans.com/forums/the-longship/

Photo

The New Forums - please begin registering.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Vikefever

Vikefever

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

• Hammer Head

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

It is set up although I think I might have to grant access.

Edit: you can actually join this group through your profile page. 

Hey Mike I looked at my profile page (on the new forum) and did not see how to join.

#22 OFFLINE   Mike Olson - Admin Re: The New Forums - please begin registering.

Mike Olson - Admin

Berserker

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

So..... Is that a yes to remove "in association with VikeFans.com?   I know we've spoken about it in the past, and I've left it there... but with the new, more "corporate ownership" for lack of a better phrase... I was wondering where their stance was.  I plan on continuing to post them here I just want to know if I should avoid mentioning any kind of connection to this site while doing them.

From what I've learned so far.... I'm legal via "Fair Use law" for the clips I've used.  But I completely understand not wanting to tie the site to something that could later become an issue, depending on how things play and laws are challenged/changed in the courts.

Unfortunately fair use will not cover you. I have looked at it six ways to subday and while some claim that if you ise less than x amount of time that you "should be good" that isn't true. You would probably recieve a cease and desist letter or more likely I will get an email about it and I have gotten several for various items here. But in reality if someone wanted to push it... They could.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't want to see you get into any trouble. Not that I think you will as youtube is littered with all sort of fair users.... until youtube takes down their videos after gathering enough attention. So I would say that until we can figure out how to make dure we are all in the clear legally we should probably leave them as a zerker productions. But I would rather get the legal side of things figured out. Marrrying into a family of lawyers sort of has that effect on me.
  • Bezerker88 likes this

"%20alt=

#23 OFFLINE   Mike Olson - Admin Re: The New Forums - please begin registering.

Mike Olson - Admin

Berserker

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hey Mike I looked at my profile page (on the new forum) and did not see how to join.

Go to edit your profile then click user groups then click show memberships then ask to join the user group for sensitive topics.

Ah i think I see the confusion. Edit the profile that is showing at the head of the forums not the one at the top of the page, whoch is your wordpress profile. I will post a how to on the new longship forum in a bit.

"%20alt=

#24 OFFLINE   Bezerker88 Re: The New Forums - please begin registering.

Bezerker88

Berserker

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,527 posts

• Hammer Head
    VikeFans Tailgater
    Training Camper 2014
    Training Camper 2015
    Training Camper 2016
    Velspar Champion 2016

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

Unfortunately fair use will not cover you. I have looked at it six ways to subday and while some claim that if you ise less than x amount of time that you "should be good" that isn't true. You would probably recieve a cease and desist letter or more likely I will get an email about it and I have gotten several for various items here. But in reality if someone wanted to push it... They could.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't want to see you get into any trouble. Not that I think you will as youtube is littered with all sort of fair users.... until youtube takes down their videos after gathering enough attention. So I would say that until we can figure out how to make dure we are all in the clear legally we should probably leave them as a zerker productions. But I would rather get the legal side of things figured out. Marrrying into a family of lawyers sort of has that effect on me.

Just so I know.... were any of those for my stuff?   Because I haven't received any for R2As...  I got dinged with commercials put on the tailgate video due to the music used... but nothing so far for the R2As as far as I know. 

That depends... Do you see me?...

Posted Image

#25 OFFLINE   Mike Olson - Admin Re: The New Forums - please begin registering.

Mike Olson - Admin

Berserker

• Administrators
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

Just so I know.... were any of those for my stuff?   Because I haven't received any for R2As...  I got dinged with commercials put on the tailgate video due to the music used... but nothing so far for the R2As as far as I know. 

Shit hopefully we will continue this convo on the other forums. 

But No they weren't for you. One was for the eyecandy thread and some others I don't even remember but there have been a few. Oh one was for a linked article. 

"%20alt=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users